What you need to know for your Counselling Session
In response to our global crisis Connections Counselling Perth is now offering phone and online counselling via an interactive video counselling in the comfort and safety of your home. You can access us anywhere on any device.
There is no need to sign up, we will send you an email with a link to the session. The email will have a big red button that says click here to ‘join the call’.
3 Things to help it work perfectly
- Internet Connectivity – All you need is a minimum of 350Kbps for both upload and download.
- Device or computer– Our interactive video platform has been built to run on all modern machines, both computers and smart devices such as phones and tablets. Most laptops that are from 2010 and later will have an inbuilt camera, speaker and microphone. If your laptop is from before 2010 you will need to investigate your hardware.
- Browser – Our interactive video platform was built to run on a google chrome browser Please download Google Chrome here to get started.
Also make sure your microphone is on, your camera is working, and that you join from either a Google Chrome or Firefox Web browser. You can test your hardware and software and internet connectivity setup at: https://tools.coviu.com/precall/
If you already have Google Chrome please update your browser by clicking here.
iPhone or iPad – If you are planning on using an iOS device for your online session, please make sure it is updated and is running Safari 12+.
Your video experience will be best if we:
- ensure that we have a private, quiet, dedicated place for our meeting.
- make sure that we have all that we need at our fingertips, for example; notes, books, pad, pen and a drink.
- remove distractions; ensure that the TV, radio, or other computer applications are turned off.
- have had a few minutes to prepare ourselves before the meeting, so that we are relaxed and focused, not rushed with scattered thoughts.
- consider this a normal appointment, the same as if visiting us in our office. We wouldn’t wear our pyjamas to an appointment (though we might like to), so lets keep the space professional.
Finally, please note this video platform is a safe and secure environment. None of the data that is exchanged during this call is saved anywhere. All of the call, including audio, video and data, is encrypted between you and the therapist so nobody can listen into the call.
In the event of any difficulty with the connection, please have your mobile phone nearby so we can contact you.
If you have any other questions, please contact us on 0499 042 551